Re: The Hebrew Extended (Proposed) Block

From: Frédéric Grosshans <frederic.grosshans_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 18:32:50 +0200

Le 11/05/2016 18:05, Philippe Verdy a écrit :
> But are these supplemental Malayalam letters borrowed from Syriac
> really RTL like in the Syriac script ? I have doubts (it would
> seriously impact the Malayalam script which is LTR).
Since these character are uses to write the Malayalam *language* in the
Syriac *script*, the borrowing is the other way around, they are
essentially Malayalam (script) characters borrowed into Syriac.

Fig 17 of http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2015/15156-syriac-malayalam.pdf
shows an example of the look of this text.