Re: Mende Kikakui Number 10

From: Andrew Cunningham <lang.support_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 10:34:16 +1000

On Saturday, 11 June 2016, Ken Whistler <kenwhistler_at_att.net> wrote:

> I disagree about that. There is no reason to depart from the logic of the
system for this one value. Add one ligature glyph to your font for the
sequence for 10, and you're done.

There is the logic of how kikakui numbers are encoded in Unicode and there
is the internal logic of the numeral system itself. They are not
necessarily the same.

There are two few descriptions of the system for me to be definitive ....
but the number ten seems hold a unique position within the numeral system.

A.

--
Andrew Cunningham
lang.support_at_gmail.com