Re: 9.0.0 segmentation and line breaks on the empty string

From: Daniel Bünzli <daniel.buenzli_at_erratique.ch>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 23:49:12 +0100

Le lundi, 20 juin 2016 à 23:32, Andy Heninger a écrit :
> My reading of UAX 14 is that an empty string would not produce a break. Both "sot" and "eot" would be true, so LB2, sot × would match and apply, and that would be the end of the story.

Uh. I just checked my own implementation and that's actually what happens (I actually even have a test for this…). I guess I read the clarifications of UAX29 and wrongly remembered the rules were the same on the empty string in UAX 14.

So maybe take my report as a request for clarification…

Thanks for the answer and sorry for the noise,

Daniel