Re: Release date?

From: Ken Whistler <kenwhistler_at_att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 08:03:40 -0700

Doug,

On 6/21/2016 7:43 AM, Doug Ewell wrote:
> "And tomorrow, June 21, we will have 71 new emojis to play with."
>
> Do only bloggers and the press get notified in advance of the release
> date of Unicode 9.0?

They are getting it from the same place all of the members and anybody else
could have been seeing it, the draft 9.0.0 landing page we've had up for
months
as part of the beta review:

http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode9.0.0/

That used to just say, June 2016, but then we got more explicit when
June got
closer, and we could plan to an exact date.

The page was also easily accessible until a couple of days ago, when we
took down
the link to the old 9.0.0 beta review page in preparation for the actual
release.

Oh, and for several days now, we've been tweeting that the release is
imminent.

In fact... wait a few hours, and it will be here... ;-)

--Ken