Re: Adding half-star to Unicode?

From: Ken Whistler <kenwhistler_at_att.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 15:35:08 -0700

On 6/23/2016 3:01 PM, Garth Wallace wrote:
> But precedent is for separate WITH LEFT HALF BLACK and WITH RIGHT HALF
> BLACK geometric shapes.
>
> Also, I'm not sure if the BLACK HALF STAR and STAR WITH LEFT HALF
> BLACK are entirely interchangeable.

I agree. If we are going to do this, a set of 4 geometric symbols makes
sense: the half black star, left and right, and the half and half
black/white star, left and right.

We aren't likely to start down the road of making this kind of symbol
tally display automatic bidi-mirroring. These aren't math operators --
but the half stars just as more symbols would be useful. And if somebody
can turn up convincing evidence of use of star symbols cut in half on a
horizontal axis, those would be interesting, too.

Oh, and please don't come around next asking for a green rotten splat
and a red certified fresh tomato!!

--Ken