Re: Emoji and Annotation data

From: Ori Avtalion <ori_at_avtalion.name>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 09:58:45 +0300

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 7:13 AM, Takao Fujiwara <tfujiwar_at_redhat.com> wrote:
> Why you don't use only annotations? E.g. "us" hits too many Emoji.

It's for all kinds of Unicode symbols, not just those that have emoji
representation.
Sometimes I find myself searching by the "real" Unicode name, and
sometimes by keyword, if I don't know what I'm looking for.

I keep tweaking it to provide better results, and I'm pretty pleased
with its current state.
It currently has a ranking algorithm based on what it matched on
(name, annotation/emojione keyword), and how successfully.