named character sequences foor tally marks

From: eduardo marin <nobody_uses_at_outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 23:53:50 +0000

I love the proposal to add western tally marks because it only occuies two code points for a techically equivalent solution: http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2016/16065-tally-marks.pdf

L2/16-065 (Proposal to encode two Western-style tally marks)<http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2016/16065-tally-marks.pdf>
www.unicode.org
1 L2/16-065 Title: Proposal to encode two Western-style tally marks Source: Ken Lunde (Adobe) & Daisuke MIURA Status: Individual contribution Action: For ...

However this proposal isn't complete unless we can identify tally marks 2, 3 and 4 easily and the simplest way is to add named character sequences, where we just repeat tally mark one an n number of times.