Re: IJ with accent

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:55:33 +0200

Technically I see one, as bíj́na shound never break between í and j́, and
they should remain ligated (or their kerning kept), even if interletter
spacing is enabled (that's whay the letter is frequently rendered also as
"ÿ". When converting to CAPITALS, they form a ligature looking more like Ü
(with the left arm broken). Adding the accents, this looks like "y" plus a
double acute, or like "U" with double acute and the broken left bar, no
additional spacing should be inserted).

Without the joiner, there's nothing to prohibit the normal negative kerning
to be removed and spacing to be inserted.

When using monospaced fonts, both characters should also occupy the same
cell (just like a "y" or "U"), not two (normal rendering without the joiner)