My Annual Unicode Questions

From: Andre Schappo <A.Schappo_at_lboro.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 14:37:23 +0000

This week is the first week of the new academic year at my university. One of the modules I co-teach is entitled "Programming for the WWW" which encompasses JavaScript and DHTML. This is a first year module. There were approx 70 students in the lab practical this morning. I asked them my annual questions.

Q. Who has heard of Unicode?
A. Approx 20% of the class raised their hands. (Same as last year http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2015-m12/0073.html)

Q. Who understands Unicode?
A. One student raised his hand. (This is an improvement on last year as no hand was raised last year)

André Schappo