Re: Noto unified font

From: <dzo_at_bisharat.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 10:05:18 +0000

James, Any thoughts about a Code 2xxx suite/family based on all the work you've already done?

All, A tangential question wrt the history of computer font development: What kind of collections / repositories of old fonts are there? In particular, thinking of pre-Unicode "special fonts" including hacks for languages written with extended Latin characters.

I understand that Chantal Enguehard has a collection of 8-bit fonts developed for African languages. Are there others? Any thoughts about a "museum" of fonts and encodings? Could have educational value in the future.

Don Osborn

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T