Re: Amiguity(?) in Sinhala named sequences

From: സിബു ‌ <cibucj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 04:12:54 +0100

Hi Martin,

Isn't this question analogous to asking whether the layout engine should
use C1-conjoining form or C2-conjoining form for a <C1, Virama, C2>
sequence in any indic? that is, whether the <C1, Virama> should form a
glyph while C2 keeping its independent form or vice versa. (Potentially
there can be more forms - that is, full ligature and explicit Virama form).
If the question you asked is equivalent, then the answer is traditionally
is left to the font to decide.

BTW, even for a given C1 and C2 for a given script, a font can potentially
choose a different answer based on its its purpose/character, like a font
for Malayalam traditional script Vs a font for reformed script.

regards,
Cibu