Re: U+1FBD GREEK KORONIS: ᾽

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 09:05:49 -0700

James Tauber wrote:

> The koronis (often latinized as coronis) is a diacritic used in
> Ancient Greek texts (although later, not at the time they were
> written).
>
> It's written over a vowel to indicate contraction by crasis.

Sorry, I thought the OP was asking about the use of the specific
character at U+1FBD. not about the koronis generally (which should
normally be coded as U+0343). You are correct about the function of the
koronis in Greek. Apologies if my answer was misleading.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org