Re: Possible to add new precomposed characters for local language in Togo?

From: Denis Jacquerye <moyogo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 06:36:26 +0000

So I wonder if it could be a solution for a precomposed double tone?
So one unicode for tilde+acute and another for tilde+grave?

The only way we manage to make the keyboard now is to add all the tones
behind the letters instead of before the letters.
I think in fact it seems easier than on French keyboard, but it will also
break the French keyboard when it comes to what order you click buttons to
add tones.
I also think it would be a benefit to have the keyboard on windows and
Ubuntu work mostly the same.

Not sure if there are any other good ideas for how to solve it?

Don’t use dead keys on the keyboard layout, then you can have the same
keyboard on Windows and Ubuntu.
Even if MSKLC could handle outputting multiple characters, why are dead
keys a requirement?

Shouldn’t you already have broken the French layout by reassigning keys to
Togo language letters Ɛ, Ǝ, Ɩ, Ɔ, Ʋ, Ʊ, Ŋ?
If not, it sounds like it will slow down typing in those languages.