RE: Possible to add new precomposed characters for local language in Togo?

From: Marcel Schneider <charupdate_at_orange.fr>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 04:33:00 +0100 (CET)

Sorry, while trying to look up MSDN, I lost touch with the discussion
and didnʼt notice that my information about “more than 4 code units”,
more precisely “16 code units” by a live key press has been questioned
again. Even if primarily off-topic, it is a rather useful subject, along
with the input of several code units by dead keys (which admittedly is
more important).

To achieve the requested materialization, you are welcome to do the
following steps:
1) Open http://dispoclavier.com
2) Click the download button [Télécharger]
3) Unzip the folder
4) Browse to ‘DTM_Dispoclavier_v0.9.0.44\DTMD_v0.9.0.44_(installation)\
kbdfrf81 azerty déployé capitales et chiffres v0.9.0.44 installation’
5) Read the ‘Note’
6) Run the ‘setup.exe’ (noticing that it has been provided by MSKLC)
7) Click the Language button in the Language bar and select ‘French (France)’
8) Eventually click the Keyboard button and select ‘DTMD France azerty déployé
capitales et chiffres’
9) Make sure to use an ISO keyboard with a key for VK_OEM_105;
or remap the left Windows key to it: if no key is already remapped, merge this:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,56,00,5b,e0,5b,e0,56,00,\
00,00,00,00

(When this is used with an ISO keyboard, the two keys are swapped.)
10) Press the following three keys together: Left Shift; the ISO key or if
remapped, the Left Windows key; Q (on AZERTY) or A (on QWERTY).
The expected keyboard input is: ‘ ↑q_n’existe_pas’ [“superscript small q
does not exist”] preceded by a white space for quick erase by Ctrl+Backspace.
Please note that in the next version. ‘↑’ will be replaced by ‘^’, since ‘^’
will be the character of the superscript dead key, while the character of the
circumflex dead key is ‘ê’.

Along with this test, you may wish to look up the sources in the other main
folder. 16 is the empirically stated maximum number of inserted code units.

Best regards,

Marcel