Re: a character for an unknown character

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 00:44:00 +0100

This is stil lthe standard and expected behavior for password input field
in HTML and many devices, to not display the actual characters but to
**display** them as bullets or asterisks.

If IBus cannot hide the input (i.e. generate the entered characters to the
application without displaying it, and let the output hints
(bullets/asterisks) be generated only by the application, then iBus has a
problem and may not be usable for compliant password inputs.