Re: About standardized variants of characters in Dingbat block

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper_at_crissov.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 19:15:35 +0100

Mark Davis ☕️ <mark_at_macchiato.com>:

> > people are still missing the lizard. ;)
>
> http://unicode.org/emoji/charts-beta/emoji-list.html#1f98e

Um, ✊✋✌️🦎🖖?

The Lizard is a hand sign where the tips of thumb and index finger touch and point sidewards. The other 3 fingers can either also touch the thumb tip (~ Bird) or are hold in parallel to the index finger (~ Snake, where the thumb may touch a lower phalanx). If at least the middle finger was raised a bit and bend to form an eye, it would become a Duck, Dog or Fox (with raised pinkie for an ear). We have then reached the gray area between Roshambo and shadow play.

Sadly, I can’t draw well enough to illustrate a respective emoji proposal myself (and I don’t care enough either to already have written up one without graphics).