Sanskrit -e/o a- Sandhi in Devanagari

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 22:32:02 +0000

The usual form of this sandhi in modern Sanskrit is described as the a-
dropping and being replaced by avagraha. If word boundaries are
represented by SPACE, am I correct in believing that the change in
codepoints is:

<U+0020 SPACE, U+0905 LETTER A> becomes <U+200B ZERO WIDTH SPACE, U+093D
DEVANAGARI SIGN AVAGRAHA>

I ask because I have seen lines starting with avagraha, though within a
line there seems not to be a space before avagraha. (I am ignoring
didactic writing which shows sandhi effects but leaves a space between
the original words.)

Richard.