UTS #51, Unicode Emoji proposed update available

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 11:34:45 -0800

PRI349 imageProposed Update Version 5.0 of UTS #51, Unicode Emoji
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/tr51-11.html> is available for
public review and feedback. This new version is slated to be a Unicode
Technical Standard, and thus adds a conformance section and related
definitions.

This new version adds a mechanism to support regional flags, such as
Scotland or California, although the choice of which of these flags to
support is left to vendors beyond a recommended set of three. UTS #51
will have a separate data file for the valid emoji presentation
sequences. It also reflects some changes to the recommended sort order
that will be released soon in CLDR v31
<http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads/cldr-31>. For more details, see
the Modifications section of the document.

http://blog.unicode.org/2017/03/uts-51-unicode-emoji-proposed-update.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements