Re: "A Programmer's Introduction to Unicode"

From: Janusz S. Bien <jsbien_at_mimuw.edu.pl>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 12:35:01 +0100

Quote/Cytat - William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com> (Mon
13 Mar 2017 12:24:13 PM CET):

> Prof. Janusz S. Bień wrote:
>
>> Just yet another reason for introducing the notion of textel?
>
> I opine that it would be a good idea to introduce several new words,
> of which textel would be one, with each such new word having a
> precisely-defined meaning so that in precise discussions of
> programming techniques people could discuss the situation without
> needing to use any of the words character, code point, grapheme
> cluster.
>
> How many such new words would be needed?

In my paper (in Polish)

http://bc.klf.uw.edu.pl/480/

I propose also the term "texton" meaning a code point from a specific
subset, not yet fully defined, but including at least the components
of composite characters.

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)