Re: Standaridized variation sequences for the Desert alphabet?

From: David Starner <prosfilaes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 13:32:07 +0000

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 6:12 AM Michael Everson <everson_at_evertype.com>
wrote:

> On 25 Mar 2017, at 22:15, David Starner <prosfilaes_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > And I'd argue that a good theoretical model of the Latin script makes ä,
> ꞛ and aͤ the same character, distinguished only by the font.
>
> Fortunately for the users of our standard, we don’t do this.

You've yet to come up with users to whom these Deseret letters are relevant.

I’m fairly sure that a person citing a medieval document using aͤ may very
> well also need to write this alongside Swedish or German using ä.

I'm fairly sure that a person citing an early 20th century Germany document
may well feel the need to cite it in Fraktur. In both cases, I believe
that's going above and beyond the identity of the characters involved, but
in your case, people do contrast the aͤ with ä, and the user case has been
made. Show me the users who want to use these Deseret letters contrastingly.