Re: Standaridized variation sequences for the Desert alphabet?

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 07:04:21 -0700

Martin,

thanks for the careful summary.

As in all these cases it is possible to argue from different premises,
so I would, unfortunately, not expect that this discussion will reach
the consensus of all parties.

In the end, Unicode is made for the modern user, whether they are native
users of a script, or modern users archiving or discussing historic texts.

The specific principles used in each encoding decision matter, but only
insofar as the result works for the modern (and future!) users of the
standard.

A./

PS: as to modern use of Fraktur -- many fonts for black-letter logos are
modified to help modern readers recognize the words.