Emoji Compatibility Symbols

From: Charlotte Buff <irgendeinbenutzername_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 19:53:29 +0200

I am trying to reconstruct what the 66 emoji compatibility symbols that
were included in some old drafts originally mapped to, but useful
information on the web seems a bit sparse. It was fairly easy to figure out
that compatibility symbols 1 through 16 eventually became proper characters
(or sequences) and turned into ๐Ÿ—ป, ๐Ÿ—ผ, ๐Ÿ—ฝ, ๐Ÿ—พ, ๐Ÿ—ฟ, ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ, ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช, ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ, ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท,
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง, ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น, ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต, ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ท, ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ, ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ, and โžฟ. However, that still leaves 50
symbols that don't correspond to any Unicode characters.

I did find this project
<https://github.com/suzukitakafumi/emojicodecs/blob/master/emojicodecs/emojidata.py>
that assigned names to private-use codepoints, and the related mappings
from those codepoints to the different carrier sets
<https://github.com/suzukitakafumi/emojicodecs/tree/master/emojicodecs/mappings>.
Unfortunately, I still donโ€™t know what images or meanings were associated
with those numbers.

Searching for SoftBank emoji gave me a neatly organized list of 404 errors
and KDDI was equally fruitless. Documents on the Unicode website itself
regularly mention that EMS 17 through 66 are needed for round-trip mappings
but never what these mappings actually were as far as I could find. Does
anybody have this information available?