Re: PETSCII mapping?

From: Rebecca Bettencourt <beckiergb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 13:35:45 -0700

You can find charts of complete PETSCII character sets here:

http://www.kreativekorp.com/software/fonts/c64.shtml

The missing characters are a handful of block elements: upper fractional
blocks (Unicode only has lower), halves of MEDIUM SHADE, checkerboards and
diagonals.

I can put together a unified chart, with mappings to Unicode where they
exist. In fact I think I'll do that. :)

I'm all willing to help put together a proposal for encoding missing block
element characters, but I would need other people to a) gather evidence of
use in plain text and b) write up the proposal in Unicode's formal language
since I've never proposed characters to Unicode before.

(Additionally, I wonder if we could find evidence of the Apple II's or
TRS-80's characters in use in plain text as well. Not necessarily saying
those should be encoded as well, just that we should investigate.)

-- Rebecca Bettencourt