Re: Coloured Punctuation and Annotation

From: Rebecca T <637275_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 01:19:42 -0400

> The hieroglyphs don't have the emoji property

What does the emoji property mean, semantically? That the codepoint
represents
a pictograph or that vendors have “permission” to give it a colored,
stylized
representation? If we go with the first, then hieroglyphs should certainly
be
emoji. Although it seems unlikely (to put it lightly) that hieroglyph emoji
would be deployed due to the burden on vendors, it does seem logically
appropriate that we treat all pictographs equally, and aside from usage I
see
no difference between U+1F989 OWL 🦉 and U+13153 EGYPTIAN HIEROGLYPH G017
𓅓.