Re: Coloured Punctuation and Annotation

From: Rebecca T <>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 01:19:42 -0400

> The hieroglyphs don't have the emoji property

What does the emoji property mean, semantically? That the codepoint
a pictograph or that vendors have “permission” to give it a colored,
representation? If we go with the first, then hieroglyphs should certainly
emoji. Although it seems unlikely (to put it lightly) that hieroglyph emoji
would be deployed due to the burden on vendors, it does seem logically
appropriate that we treat all pictographs equally, and aside from usage I
no difference between U+1F989 OWL 🦉 and U+13153 EGYPTIAN HIEROGLYPH G017