Re: Proposal to add standardized variation sequences for chess notation

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 11:03:31 +0100 (BST)

I have made an OpenType font that implements Michael's proposed format and the extension of having variation selectors for the border units that Michael kindly added during the discussion.

I have published the font and the font is available, free, from the following forum thread.

http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7033

Registration to the forum is possible, but is not necessary in order to download the font.

The font is Quest text 2017 which is a font derived from the Quest text font that was discussed in this thread a few days ago, so I had many of the necessary glyphs already available to use.

I enjoyed making the font. Michael's format works well in the Serif PagePlus X7 desktop publishing program where I tested it.

William Overington

Saturday 8 April 2017