Re: abstract characters, semantics, meaningful transformations ... Was: Tibetan Paluta

From: Naena Guru via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 22:58:59 +0530

A little humor is very good.

sarasvaži was a sweet girl, I am sure, so much so that when she died, I
think, those who were imagining about her beyond practical, made her
rise up, up and fly away. Now you watch what happens to Elizabeth when
she dies. They narrowly failed making one such with Hillary Clinton as
she is suspected of having Parkinson's which condition her daughter says
has an anecdotal remedy with MaryJane. Hmmm... Who went to her
daughter's house instead of to the doctor when they suddenly fell?

As for Thoth, he is okay. Don't worry. Egyptian man => demi-god => god
has not much of a consequence in the West dominated culture of this day.

On 5/1/2017 8:55 PM, Richard Wordingham via Unicode wrote:
> On Mon, 1 May 2017 19:49:27 +0530
> Naena Guru via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org> wrote:
>
>> The purpose of writing is to represent speech. It is not some secret
>> that demi-gods created <snip>
> Sarasvati and Thoth would be offended at being called mere demi-gods.
>
>> sound => letter that is the basis for writing.
> "=>" is not a particularly phonetic notation. It took quite a while
> for letters to become the primary part of writing anywhere, and they
> are not a universal phenomenon.
>
> Richard.
Okay, Richard. Your probably have knowledge of how writing evolved in
the whole world. Tell us how it was in South Asia. Was it like I said,
sound => letter? I assume only to know about English and Indic in this
respect.