Re: Problems with BidiCharTest.txt

From: Philippe Verdy via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 21:28:15 +0200

That's another argument to deprecate the use of RLE/PDF (or embedding mode)
in favor of the more recent isolating mode (which causes the text just
after the isolated text to not inherit the direction context of the last
inner content, as it occurs here with parentheses that cannot match the
same context before a RLE, but would match within the same context with the
isolation mode).

The isolation mode is also the one strongly recommended by default for
<bdi> elements in HTML, but legacy browsers still don't have support for
isolation mode and were mapping <bdi> element by default using the legacy
embedding mode which has such caveats. So the specification is correct, it
reproduces the legacy behavior as it was initially defined (and did not
change) for RLE/PDF.