Re: Turtle Graphics Emoji

From: William_J_G Overington via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:04:41 +0100 (BST)

> for animal in animalKingdom:
> createEmojiProposal(animal)
Did you miss a semicolon off the end of that!? ☺
> Emoji are a veritable Pandora box.
Is there an emoji for that!?
The name Pandora reminded me that an electric locomotive was named Pandora. So I searched and found that a more recent electro-diesel locomotive has also been named Pandora.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_88
I then wondered if the name Pandora had been used for a steam locomotive and it seemed to me that a Great Western Railway broad gauge locomotive from the nineteenth century might have had that sort of classical name, so I searched and found that one did.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GWR_broad_gauge_locomotives
However, although I have rambled off-topic I wonder if you might like the following about how Turtle Graphics are being used for education in the United Kingdom
https://www.turtle.ox.ac.uk/
It just seems to me that as emoji are popular that to have some turtle graphics emoji would be both educational and fun.
I am hoping that people on this mailing list will like to have a lively discussion on this topic, like there used to be lively discussions in this mailing list years ago.
William Overington
Saturday 29 July 2017