Assamese and Unicode.

From: David Faulks via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 22:35:18 +0000 (UTC)

It appears that the Indian government will submit an 'Assamese' proposal.

http://silchar.com/unicode-standard-for-assamese-in-the-offing/

Since everything I know about Assamese Script indicates that it is basically the same as Bengali and the Unicode Assamese controversy is derived entirely from a sub-nationalistic fit over character and script names, I expect that this proposal will not be accepted.

However, 'popular nationalism' will probably be used to attack Unicode then.

David Faulks