Re: Unicode education in Schools

From: William_J_G Overington via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 12:57:37 +0100 (BST)

Richard Wordingham wrote:

> Just steer them away from UTF-16! (And vigorously prohibit the very concept of UCS-2).

UTF-16 is very useful. I use it in my research project.

If the byte content of a UTF-16 file is displayed in a hexadecimal display then for all plane 0 characters the byte content of the character codes are thereby displayed directly.

Also, all characters that can be encoded in Unicode can be stored in a UTF-16 file.

William Overington

Friday 25 August 2017