Re: Emoji anomaly

From: Peter Edberg via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 10:12:44 -0700

Hi André,

> U+1F321 ➜ U+1F32C do not have Emoji_Presentation property set. Time for me to do some reading to determine why.

From https://www.unicode.org/emoji/charts-5.0/emoji-versions-sources.html <https://www.unicode.org/emoji/charts-5.0/emoji-versions-sources.html>
you can see that these characters came into Unicode as a result of their being in the Webdings/Wingdings set, where they had a prior history of being non-emoji text characters. That is why they have Emoji_Presentation=No by default.

- Peter E

>>> https://twitter.com/andreschappo <https://twitter.com/andreschappo>
>>> https://weibo.com/andreschappo <https://weibo.com/andreschappo>