RE: The Unicode Standard and ISO

From: Marcel Schneider via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:28:41 +0200 (CEST)

> > From the outset, Unicode and the US national body tried repeatedly to engage with SC35 and SC35/WG5,
[…]
> As a reminder: The actual SC35 is in total disconnect from the same SC35 as it was from the mid-eighties to mid-nineties and beyond.

Edit: ISO/IEC JTC1 SC35 was founded in 1999. (In the mentioned timespan, there was SC18/WG9.)

> > informing them of UTS #35 (LDML) and CLDR, but were ignored. SC35 didn’t appear to be interested
> [, or appeared to be interested in ]
> > a pet project and not in what is actually being used in industry.

It seems it isn’t even a pet project, today it’s just nothing but a deplorable mismanagement mess. In my opinion, at
some point the inadvertant French NB will apologize to the US National Body and to the Unicode Consortium.

As of now, I apologize for my part.

Best regards,

Marcel