Re: A last missing link for interoperable representation

From: wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com via Unicode <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:27:10 +0000 (GMT)

Yesterday I wrote as follows.

> I suggest that a solution to the problem would be to encode a
> COMBINING ITALICIZER character, such that it only applies to the
> character that it immediately follows. So, for example, to make the
> word apricot become displayed in italics one would use seven COMBINING
> ITALICIZER characters, one after each letter of the word apricot.

I have now made a test font. I used a Private Use Area code point and a
visible glyph for this test. It works well.

https://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7831

Would it be a good idea to encode such a character into Unicode?

William Overington
Thursday 10 January 2019

italicizer_maquette_example.png