Open Action Items

Generated on: August 03, 2006 at 12:25

From UTC #107 and L2 #204

Action Who Description Documents Status
107-A1Mark Davis, Michel SuignardCreate a new internet draft to update Stringprep and Nameprep for Unicode 5.0  
107-A21Lisa MooreAdd documents L2/06-178, L2/06-086, and agenda item B.12.2 to the agenda for the August 2006 UTC meeting.L2/06-178, L2/06-086 
107-A30Michel SuignardAdd Cyrillic glyph corrections for U+0486 to ballot comments.  
107-A32Lisa MooreAdd B., document L2/06-135 to the agenda for the August, 2006 meeting.L2/06-135 
107-A38Ken WhistlerUpdate UnicodeData.txt after Unicode 5.0 to change the general category of U+05BE to Pd from Po.  
107-A41Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate PU UTR #23, removing the PD30 limited property definition, and publish ASAP. (Ready for final verification.) In progress
107-A48Ken WhistlerUpdate UnicodeData.txt, giving the Bidi_Mirrored property to U+27C8 and U+27C9 in a future release of Unicode, after 5.0.  
107-A52Michel SuignardAdd glyph errata for U+0340 and U+0341 to ballot comments for PDAM 3 of 10646.  
107-A54Eric MullerRelay feedback on L2/06-206 to authors of that document.L2/06-206 
107-A55John Jenkins, Richard CookMake a proposed draft UTR based on L2/06-206.L2/06-206 
107-A56Rick McGowanIssue a PRI for PD UTR #38 when ready, to close August 1, 2006.  
107-A59Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeWrite some FAQ entries regarding outcome of the Malayalam decision regarding /au/ vowel. L2/107-C26.  
107-A61Lisa MoorePut "invisible letter" onto the August UTC agenda.  
107-A63Michel SuignardWatch for the model for Hangul due from ROK by July 15. If it doesn't appear, prepare 10646 text for the August 2006 UTC meeting describing the effect of normalization sequences.  
107-A64V S UmamaheswaranModify the WG2 Principles and Procedures to eliminate the question about implementation levels, for the August 2006 UTC. In progress
107-A65Michel SuignardDraft a proposal to remove the mention of levels as much as possible from 10646.  
107-A66Lisa MooreCreate a standing agenda item under properties for review of new properties.  
107-A67Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeDraft a cover letter to notify SC2 of changes to the standard that they normatively reference. In progress
107-A69John Jenkins, Richard CookRemove references to kWubi from UTR #38.  
107-A72Michel SuignardRequest Devanagari Sign High Spacing Dot at U+0971 for addition to Amd 3.  
107-A78Michel SuignardAdd request for name change of U+0D3D to MALAYALAM SIGN AVAGRAHA to ballot comments for Amd 3.  
107-A86Debbie AndersonSend font to Asmus for 22 Old Cyrillic characters, U+2DE0 - U+2DF5.L2/06-172 
107-A88Michel SuignardAdd request for 22 Old Cyrillic characters to ballot comments for Amd 3.  
107-A89Debbie AndersonWork with author of L2/06-172 to produce a WG2 proposal and forward to Mike Ksar.L2/06-172 
107-A92Michel SuignardInclude glyph erratum for U+0485 and U+0486 in ballot comments for Amd 3.L2/06-192 
107-A93Debbie AndersonSubmit L2/06-192 to Mike Ksar for WG2L2/06-192 
107-A95Debbie Anderson, Rick McGowanDiscuss L2/06-181 offline and come back to the August 2006 UTC meeting with a consolidated proposal. Give font to Asmus and have him produce 3-column chart with additions for the proposal. L2/06-181 
107-A96Rick McGowanDiscuss necessary roadmap update with Ken Whistler and Michael Everson for Old Cyrillic additions.L2/06-181 
107-A98Debbie AndersonWork with author of L2/06-149 to submit revised proposal to Mike Ksar for WG2.L2/06-149 
107-A99Debbie AndersonSend font for 16 Arabic characters to Asmus Freytag.L2/06-149 
107-A100Michel SuignardAdd request for 16 Arabic characters to requirements doc for Amd 3.L2/06-149 
107-A101Rick McGowan, Ken Whistler, Debbie AndersonFollow up with authors of L2/06-138 to resolve questions and submit revision for August 2006 UTC meeting.L2/06-138 
107-A102Asmus FreytagCorrect the glyphs for U+2B41 and U+2B42 in Arabic math character repertoire addition.L2/06-125 
107-A104Michel SuignardAdd request for 27 Arabic math characters to requirements doc for Amd 3.L2/06-125 
107-A105Rick McGowan, Ken Whistler, Michael EversonUpdate roadmap for Arabic Mathematical Alphabetic symbols (U+10F00..) and send roadmap info to Asmus (and Uma).L2/06-124In progress
107-A108Michel SuignardAdd 10 astrology symbols to requirements doc for Amd 3.L2/06-171 
107-A114Michel SuignardAdd U+0BD0 TAMIL OM to requirements doc for Amd 3.L2/06-184 
107-A115Michael Kaplan Send a font for U+0BD0 TAMIL OM to Asmus Freytag.L2/06-184 
107-A116Debbie Anderson, Rick McGowanFollow up with Ralph Cleminson on Cyrillic proposal.L2/06-181In progress
107-A123Richard CookVerify the proposed additions in L2/06-212 and L2/06-147.L2/06-212, L2/06-147 
107-A127Rick McGowanVerify and update Rejang properties as needed.L2/06-139 
107-A128Michael EversonProvide an udpated font for Rejang.L2/06-139 
107-A130Rick McGowanUpdate the Phaistos Disc properties to treat as symbols (gc=So), and submit document to UTC with updated properties.  
107-A131Swaran LataTake feedback on the Vedic proposal and submit a revised proposal for August 2006 UTC meeting.L2/06-185 
107-A132Rick McGowanWork with the roadmap committee to find a place for Vedic symbols, preferably on the BMP.L2/06-185In progress
107-A134Michel SuignardAdd 6 chillu characters to requirements doc for Amd 3.L2/06-207 
107-A135Eric MullerForward L2/06-207 to Mike Ksar for WG2.L2/06-207 
107-A137Lisa MoorePut L2/06-111, L2/06-119, L2/06-170, L2/06-163, L2/06-134 on August 2006 UTC agenda.  
107-A138Martin Hosken, Rick McGowanRevise UTN #11 to add disclaimer at top about revision of Myanmar. In progress

From UTC #106 and L2 #203

Action Who Description Documents Status
106-A2Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeIncorporate L2/06-055 into the public review of draft UTS #39L2/06-055 
106-A3Rick McGowanOpen a new PRI for the next draft of UTS #39 when ready for posting.  
106-A6Eric MullerHave a group look at the cases where ZWJ and ZWNJ cause an issue; check on refinement of rendering rules.L2/06-024 
106-A7Michael Kaplan Provide examples of well-formed character proposals to V S Umamaheswaran for inclusion in the WG2 Principles and Procedures.  
106-A19Jonathan Kew, Lisa MooreFollow up with Dr. Durrani of the Pakistan NLA explaining the policy on Arabic letters and asking for more information for those marks that we may want to encode generatively.L2/06-039 
106-A28Ken WhistlerTake Section E of L2/06-030 (Udaat) into account when creating DUCET for a future version of the UCA.L2/06-030 
106-A45Mark Davis, Ken WhistlerSplit the confusables data into 3 categories and add to draft UTS #39. In progress
106-A49Rick McGowan, Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeFollow up with TDIL on named sequences for Gurmukhi. In progress
106-A54Eric Muller, Marcus Scherer, Ken WhistlerCreate a proposal for documenting the special casing conditions in the UCD.L2/06-067 

From UTC #105 and L2 #202

Action Who Description Documents Status
105-A12Ken Whistler, Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePost the DUCET change management guidelines in an appropriate place on the website.L2/05-299 
105-A14Ken Whistler, Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeRemand L2/05-301 with changes suggested in the meeting and after editing by the Editorial Committee, post in an appropriate place on the website.L2/05-301 
105-A27Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeMake changes in document UTS #39 and post for public review.  
105-A38Michael Everson, Andrew West, Chris FynnRevise L2/05-244 taking into account canonical equivalence issues and text in the standard and comments in L2/05-338, plus the consideration of FA and VA for Chinese. (Tibetan for Balti.)L2/05-244, L2/05-338 
105-A48Debbie AndersonFollow up with user community of egyptological characters.L2/05-300In progress
105-A51Richard CookSecure agreement from all authors on an updated Egyptian hieroglyphics proposal and create a publicly reviewable document.L2/05-311In progress
105-A53Debbie Anderson, Michael EversonCoordinate old Cyrillic encoding proposals. In progress
105-A58Lisa Moore, Ken WhistlerPursue the Sindhi hamza issues with the Arabic experts on the bidi committee.L2/05-251In progress
105-A84Asmus FreytagUpdate the publication workflow document with the authorization to issue proposed updates for editorial changes and PRIs and the refreshing of drafts. In progress

From UTC #104 and L2 #201

Action Who Description Documents Status
104-A5Ken WhistlerCreate a proposal for a machine-readable list of metaproperties.L2/05-168In progress
104-A15Mark Davis, Ken WhistlerCommunicate to WG2 a revised list of mirrored characters for Annex E (once they have been firmed up for Unicode 5.0). In progress

From UTC #103 and L2 #200

Action Who Description Documents Status
103-A6Asmus Freytag, Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate a chart for Named Sequences in the "charts/" section of the Unicode website, for review by UTC. In progress
103-A8Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeProvide documentation for the last resort font. In progress
103-A62Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeIssue a proposed update to UTS #18 (document revision 12) that addresses the issue in L2/05-121.L2/05-121In progress
103-A63Rick McGowanAfter UTS #18 is ready, post a PRI on UTS #18 to close May 9, 2006.L2/05-121 

From UTC #102 and L2 #199

Action Who Description Documents Status
102-A83Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post draft UTR #33.L2/05-045In progress
102-A84Rick McGowanCreate a new PRI on UTR #33 to close May 9, 2006. [Date postponed from 8/9/2005.]  

From UTC #101 and L2 #198

Action Who Description Documents Status
101-A62Richard Cook, Rick McGowanProof the Pinyin readings and mapping data for the approximately 14000 ideographic characters from the XHC source and supply info to John Jenkins to update the Unihan database. In progress
101-A63John JenkinsUpdate the Unihan database with the new field from XHC source readings, and document the new field.  

From UTC #100 and L2 #197

Action Who Description Documents Status
100-A47aEric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument the Indic conjoining behavior model after Unicode 5.0 (was originally intended for 4.1), including fallback behavior. Also examine behavior with multiple consonants. See 100-C22L2/04-279In progress
100-A48Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview the Indic FAQ to ensure consistency with the Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A50Eric MullerReview Indic scripts for inconsistencies with new Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A51Eric MullerReview the Sinhalese document with regard to ZWJ/ZWNJ usage consistency.L2/04-279In progress
100-A55Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeMake an XML version of the UCD available. Part of the plan for roll-out includes public review of the schema. Issue a PRI when ready.L2/04-220In progress
100-A61Lisa MooreFind out about CR NEL from an EBCDIC point of view: will there be files containing CR NEL and why did XML add it?L2/04-331 
100-A68Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Draft UTR #30: Character Foldings and post as UTR #30.L2/04-312, L2/04-320, L2/04-322, L2/04-325In progress

From UTC #99 and L2 #196

Action Who Description Documents Status
99-A2Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeFurther discuss the design of UCD tags.L2/04-167