L2/20-172

Draft Minutes of UTC Meeting 164
Mountain View, CA — July 27 and 29, 2020
Hosted virtually on Zoom

UTC #164 Agenda
Revision date: August 03, 2020


Monday July 27, 2020

Meeting opened at 9:30 am.

10 Full members, 3 Institutional, 2 Supporting.

Full Members in regular attendance: 7
Institutional Members in regular attendance: 1
Supporting Members in regular attendance: 1
Quorum: 5

6 members represented: Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, UCB

Administrative topics

A2. Agenda review

A.3 Approval of minutes of prior meeting [L2/20-102]

[164-C1] Consensus: Approve the minutes of UTC #164 as documented in L2/20-102.

A.4 Document registration [UTC Document Register] https://www.unicode.org/L2/L-curdoc.htm

No new documents today.

A.5 Action item review [L2/SD2] https://www.unicode.org/L2/L-SD2.htm

A.6 Calendar review [Calendar] https://www.unicode.org/timesens/calendar.html

UTC #165 will be again virtual, Monday Oct 5 and Wednesday Oct 7, 2020.

Will remove IRG #54 and #55 meetings from calendar.

A.7 Liaison reports [ISO, IRG, IETF/ICANN, INFITT, SEI, Mongolian, ICU, CLDR]

SEI, oral report by Deborah Anderson. Also document L2/20-195.

CLDR, oral report by Mark Davis.

ISO/WG2 and IETF/ICANN, oral report by Michel Suignard.

Rollcall adjustment. Netflix now represented.

7 members represented: Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, UCB, Netflix.

IRG, oral report by Ken Lunde.

Short break 10:30 - 10:45.

C.1 Unihan Ad Hoc Recommendations for UTC #164 Meeting [Lunde, Jenkins, et al, L2/20-168]

[164-C2] Consensus: Accept two new UTC-Source ideographs as UTC-03220 and UTC-03221 with a UAX #45 status value of W and N, respectively, based on document L2/20-126 and Unihan-UTC164-R01 in document L2/20-168, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-A1] Action Item for John Jenkins: Add two new entries to USourceData.txt and their representative glyphs to USourceGlyphs.pdf, based on document L2/20-126 and Unihan-UTC164-R01 in document L2/20-168, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-C3] Consensus: Accept three new UTC-Source ideographs as UTC-03222, UTC-03223, and UTC-03224 with a UAX #45 status value of N, based on document L2/20-139 and Unihan-UTC164-R02 in document L2/20-168, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-A2] Action Item for John Jenkins: Add three new entries to USourceData.txt and their representative glyphs to USourceGlyphs.pdf, based on document L2/20-139 and Unihan-UTC164-R02 in document L2/20-168, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-C4] Consensus: Accept three new UTC-Source ideographs as UTC-03225, UTC-03226, and UTC-03227 with a UAX #45 status value of N, based on document L2/20-145 and Unihan-UTC164-R03 in document L2/20-168, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-A3] Action Item for John Jenkins: Add three new entries to USourceData.txt and their representative glyphs to USourceGlyphs.pdf, based on document L2/20-145 and Unihan-UTC164-R03 in document L2/20-168, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-C5] Consensus: Authorize a proposed update of UAX #45 for Unicode Version 14.0 to add text that indicates that submissions lacking representative glyphs, sufficient metadata, and sufficient evidence for IRG submission may be declined, based on document Unihan-UTC164-R04 in document L2/20-168, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-A4] Action Item for John Jenkins and the Editorial Committee: Update the text of UAX #45 to include a statement that indicates that submissions lacking representative glyphs, sufficient metadata, and sufficient evidence for IRG submission may be declined, based on Unihan-UTC164-R04 in document L2/20-168, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-A5] Action Item for Ken Lunde: Respond to the proposal author, Snow Listener, indicating that the UTC declined to add the ideographs in L2/20-148 due to the lack of representative glyphs and metadata, but that the proposal author should consider working with an IRG member body, such as the UK per the fifth bullet in L2/20-167, to prepare this collection of ideographs for IRG submission.

[164-C6] Consensus: Accept feedback from Ken Lunde [Fri Jun 12 08:20:02 CDT 2020], based on document L2/20-174, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-A6] Action Item for John Jenkins, Michel Suignard: Update the Unihan Database to change kRSUnicode and kTotalStrokes property values, based on document L2/20-174 and Unihan-UTC164-R06 in document L2/20-168, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-C7] Consensus: Accept feedback from Jim Breen [Mon Jun 15 20:30:55 CDT 2020], in document L2/20-174 and as amended by the ad hoc, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-A7] Action Item for John Jenkins: Update the Unihan Database to add new property values, based on document L2/20-174 and Unihan-UTC164-R07 in document L2/20-168 and as amended by the ad hoc, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-A8] Action Item for Ken Lunde: Respond to the proposal author, Cheon-Hyeong Sim regarding document L2/20-144, indicating that the UTC declined to disunify U+80DC 胜. See also document L2/20-168.

Discussion of L2/20-146, without action at this time.

Short break 11:45 - 12:00.

[164-A9] Action Item for John Jenkins, Editorial Committee: Include in the proposed update of UAX #45 the deprecation of Field 4 of USourceData.txt, based on document L2/20-165 and Unihan-UTC164-R05 in document L2/20-168, for Unicode Version 14.0; append a ninth field, designated Field 8, to USourceData.txt to which the kTotalStrokes property value is to be added, for Unicode Version 14.0; amend the list of fields in Section 2 of UAX #45 to start the numbering from 0 to match USourceData.txt, and to add the new field, Field 8, with the description 'The total number of strokes for the ideograph, as described in [UAX38].', for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-A10] Action Item for John Jenkins: Remove the data for Field 4 of USourceData.txt, based on document L2/20-165 and Unihan-UTC164-R05 in document L2/20-168, for Unicode Version 14.0; add a new field, Field 8, to USourceData.txt and its header, and populate the field with values, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-A11] Action Item for John Jenkins: Update the Unihan Database to resolve the 4,882 ideographs that have multiple kCantonese property values, based on document L2/20-153 and Unihan-UTC164-R10 in document L2/20-168 as amended in discussion, for Unicode Version 14.0.

[164-A12] Action Item for John Jenkins, Editorial Committee: Include in the proposed update of UAX #38 a modified description of the kCantonese property, based on document L2/20-153 and Unihan-UTC164-R10 in document L2/20-168 as amended in discussion, for Unicode Version 14.0.

Lunch break 12:30 - 13:30.

B.1 Recommendations to UTC #164 July 2020 on Script Proposals [Anderson, L2/20-169]

[164-C8] Consensus: Accept 98 Cypro-Minoan characters at U+12700..U+12761, with block Cyro-Minoan U+12700..U+1276F, for encoding in a future version of the standard, as amended during discussion at the SAH. Reference document L2/20-154.

[164-A13] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Update the pipeline to include 98 Cypro-Minoan characters at U+12700..U+12761, with block Cyro-Minoan U+12700..U+1276F.

[164-A14] Action Item for Michael Everson, Deborah Anderson: Provide a font to Michel Suignard for printing 98 Cypro-Minoan characters. Reference document L2/20-154.

UTC notes document L2/20-155 on Cypro-Minoan numbers, but takes no further action at this time, pending further work on the numbers by the author and the Cypro-Minoan experts.

UTC notes document L2/20-156 on Cypro-Minoan reference font, but takes no further action at this time, pending further discussion about the reference font by the author and the Cypro-Minoan experts.

[164-A15] Action Item for Deborah Anderson, Script Ad-Hoc: Forward the comments in section 3a of L2/20-169 (Script Ad Hoc Recommendations) to the author of the Public Review Feedback on “Latin capital H with line below” (reference: L2/20-174).

[164-C9] Consensus: Accepts 22 extIPA and VoQS characters for encoding in a future version of the standard, in ranges U+1AC1..U+1AC4, U+AB6C..U+AB6F, and U+A8CB..U+A7D8 with properties as given in document L2/20-116R.

[164-A16] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Update the pipeline to include 22 extIPA and VoQS characters. See document L2/20-116R.

[164-A17] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Review the proposed annotations on page 4 of L2/20-116R.

[164-A18] Action Item for Debbie Anderson: Obtain a font from Kirk Miller for 22 extIPA and VoQS characters. See above consensus 164-C9 and document L2/20-116R.

[164-C10] Consensus: Accept two characters in the Latin Extended-D block for encoding in a future version of the standard, with properties as given in document L2/20-115R:

		A7F0 LATIN SMALL LETTER ESH WITH DOUBLE BAR
		A7F1 LATIN LETTER RETROFLEX CLICK WITH RETROFLEX HOOK

and five characters in a new Phonetic Extensions Supplement-A block (U+10780..U+107BF):

		10780 LATIN SMALL LETTER TURNED T WITH CURL
		10781 LATIN LETTER INVERTED GLOTTAL STOP WITH CURL
		10782 LATIN SMALL LETTER ESH WITH DOUBLE BAR AND CURL
		10783 LATIN LETTER STRETCHED C WITH CURL
		10784 LATIN LETTER SMALL CAPITAL TURNED K

[164-A19] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Update the pipeline to include 7 new phonetic click letters. See document L2/20-115R.

[164-A20] Action Item for Deborah Anderson: Obtain a font from Kirk Miller for the phonetic click characters. See document L2/20-115R.

[164-C11] Consensus: Accept three characters in the Latin Extended-D block for encoding in a future version of the standard, with properties as given in L2/20-125R:

		A7F2 LATIN SMALL LETTER T WITH TOP HOOK AND RETROFLEX HOOK
		A7F3 LATIN SMALL LETTER TURNED R WITH LONG LEG AND RETROFLEX HOOK
		A7F4 LATIN SMALL LETTER L WITH FISHHOOK

and ten characters in the new Phonetic Extensions Supplement-A block:

		10790 LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH RETROFLEX HOOK
		10791 LATIN SMALL LETTER I WITH STROKE AND RETROFLEX HOOK
		10793 LATIN SMALL LETTER TESH WITH RETROFLEX HOOK
		10794 LATIN SMALL LETTER L WITH BELT AND PALATAL HOOK
		10795 LATIN SMALL LETTER ENG WITH PALATAL HOOK
		10796 LATIN SMALL LETTER TURNED R WITH PALATAL HOOK
		10797 LATIN SMALL LETTER R WITH FISHHOOK AND PALATAL HOOK
		10798 LATIN SMALL LETTER EZH WITH PALATAL HOOK
		10799 LATIN SMALL LETTER DEZH WITH PALATAL HOOK
		1079A LATIN SMALL LETTER TESH WITH PALATAL HOOK

[164-A21] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Update the pipeline to include thirteen new Latin characters as in consensus 164-C11.

[164-A22] Action Item for Deborah Anderson: Obtain a font from Kirk Miller for thirteeen new phonetic characters. See document L2/20-125R.

[164-C12] Consensus: Accept U+1AC6 COMBINING NUMBER SIGN ABOVE for encoding in a future version of the standard. See document L2/20-182.

[164-A23] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Update the pipeline to include U+1AC6 COMBINING NUMBER SIGN ABOVE with properties as given in L2/20-182.

[164-A24] Action Item for Deborah Anderson: Obtain a font from Kirk Miller for U+1AC6 COMBINING NUMBER SIGN ABOVE. See document L2/20-182.

Short break 14:30 - 14:43.

[164-A25] Action Item for Andrew Glass, Editorial Committee: Provide text on the Egyptian cluster model in the Core Spec for a future version of the standard, as described in L2/20-176 and section 7 of L2/20-169 (Script Ad Hoc Recommendations).

[164-C13] Consensus: Accept U+11070 BRAHMI SIGN OLD TAMIL VIRAMA for encoding in a future version of the standard. See document L2/19-402.

[164-A26] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Update the pipeline to include U+11070 BRAHMI SIGN OLD TAMIL VIRAMA. See document L2/19-402.

[164-A27] Action Item for Andrew Glass: Provide a font for U+11070 BRAHMI SIGN OLD TAMIL VIRAMA. See document L2/19-402.

[164-A28] Action Item for Liang Hai: Propose text for the Gurmukhi block introduction in Unicode version 14.0 allowing for the sequence < consonant letter or U+0A72 ੲ GURMUKHI IRI, U+0A02 ◌ਂ GURMUKHI SIGN BINDI, 0A40 GURMUKHI VOWEL SIGN II > and how it should be represented, noting that for many existing fonts the bindi may overlap with bihari. Reference: Section 11a of L2/20-169 Script Ad Hoc Recommendations.

[164-C14] Consensus: Accept U+110C2 KAITHI VOWEL SIGN VOCALIC R with properties as given in document L2/20-151 for encoding in a future version of the standard.

[164-A29] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Update the pipeline to U+110C2 KAITHI VOWEL SIGN VOCALIC R.

[164-A30] Action Item for Lisa Moore: Respond to the author of L2/20-137 regarding the encoding of U+0D81 SINHALA SIGN CANDRABINDU.

[164-C15] Consensus: Change the Indic Syllabic Category for U+1B03 BALINESE SIGN SURANG, U+A982 JAVANESE SIGN LAYAR, and U+1B81 SUNDANESE SIGN PANGLAYAR from Consonant_Succeeding_Repha to Consonant_Final in IndicSyllabicCategory.txt, for Unicode version 14.0. Reference: L2/20-150.

[164-A31] Action Item for Roozbeh Pournader: Update the IndicSyllabicCategory.txt, for Unicode version 14.0. Reference: L2/20-150.

[164-A32] Action Item for Liang Hai, Norbert Lindenberg, Editorial Committee: Make the changes to section 17.3 of TUS as outlined in L2/20-150 and discussed in section 19 of L2/20-169 (Script Ad Hoc Recommendations).

[164-A33] Action Item for Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee: Review the proposed annotations for U+1B03 BALINESE SIGN SURANG, U+A982 JAVANESE SIGN LAYAR, and U+1B81 SUNDANESE SIGN PANGLAYAR on page 1 of L2/20-150 and discussed in section 19 of L2/20-169 (Script Ad Hoc Recommendations).

Short break 15:23 - 15:30.

[164-C16] Consensus: Due to technical considerations, UTC retracts approval of U+0C5B TELUGU LETTER TAMIL TRANSCRIPTIONAL LLLA and U+0C5C TELUGU LETTER TAMIL TRANSCRIPTIONAL RRA. Reference: L2/20-169 (Script Ad Hoc Recommendations).

[164-A34] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Update the pipeline to remove U+0C5B TELUGU LETTER TAMIL TRANSCRIPTIONAL LLLA and U+0C5C TELUGU LETTER TAMIL TRANSCRIPTIONAL RRA.

[164-A35] Action Item for Lisa Moore: Respond to the authors of L2/20-147.

[164-A36] Action Item for Deborah Anderson: Forward the comments in section 17b of L2/20-169 (Script Ad Hoc Recommendations) to the author of L2/20-120.

[164-A37] Action Item for Liang Hai, Editorial Committee: Review wording on anudatta in the Core Spec for Unicode version 14.0, and provide additional text, as described in Section 17b of L2/20-169 (Script Ad Hoc Recommendations).

[164-A38] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Prepare a proposed update of UTS #10 for Unicode 14.0, to include all new repertoire for 14.0, and to include the change in collation for U+1086, based on the discussion in section 20a of L2/20-169 (Script Ad Hoc Recommendations).

[164-A39] Action Item for Deborah Anderson: Forward the comments in section 21 of L2/20-169 (Script Ad Hoc Recommendations) to the author of L2/20-061R2.

[164-A40] Action Item for V S Umamaheswaran: Add a new Arabic Supplemental Symbols block to the roadmap that extends from U+1EF00..U+1EF3F. Reference: Section 21 of L2/20-169 (Script Ad Hoc Recommendations).

[164-A41] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Include the proposed annotation for U+1B11F describing its derivation from U+6C59, as described in L2/20-152.

The UTC notes document L2/20-166, and encourages any Tangut experts to review it, submitting comments back to the authors.

Discussion of L2/20-181. UTC took no action.

[164-A42] Action Item for Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee: Review the information contained in document L2/20-158 and see if text can be added to §22.7 of TUS, or whether a Technical Note would be more appropriate. Reference: Section 26 of L2/20-169 (Script Ad Hoc Recommendations).

[164-C17] Consensus: Accept two characters for encoding in a future version of the standard: U+1D1E9 MUSICAL SYMBOL SORI, U+1D1EA MUSICAL SYMBOL KORON with properties as documented in L2/20-159.

[164-A43] Action Item for Ken Whistler: Update the pipeline to include U+1D1E9 MUSICAL SYMBOL SORI, U+1D1EA MUSICAL SYMBOL KORON.

[164-A44] Action Item for Roozbeh Pournader: Provide a font for printing U+1D1E9 MUSICAL SYMBOL SORI, U+1D1EA MUSICAL SYMBOL KORON.

Meeting adjourned for the day at 17:15.


Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Meeting opened at 09:30.

6 members represented: Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, UCB

D. UCD and Algorithms Ad Hoc Report D.1 UTC #164 ucd-dev ad hoc feedback & recommendations [Scherer, et al, L2/20-175]

D4: Identifier_Status of Limited_Use scripts in UTS #39

[164-A45] Action Item for Peter Constable, Manish Goregaokar, Ben Yang, Deborah Anderson: Investigate criteria that would distinguish "limited use" from recommended use and further distinguish "limited use" from aspirational.

F1: IdentifierType of Ainu Katakana characters

[164-C18] Consensus: Change the Identifier_Type of Ainu Katakana characters U+31F0..U+31FF from Technical to Obsolete.

[164-A46] Action Item for Mark Davis: Change the Identifier_Type of Ainu Katakana characters 31F0..31FF from Technical to Obsolete, in IdentifierType.txt, for Unicode version 14.0.

D1: Proposal to merge three Identifier_Types in UTS #39

Short break 10:39 - 10:55.

[164-C19] Consensus: In UTS #39, Table 1, change the definition of Uncommon_Use to: "Characters whose status is uncertain" (deleting "or that are not commonly used in modern text.") and change the definition of Obsolete to: "Characters that are no longer in modern use, or that are not commonly used in modern text" (adding the phrase deleted from Uncommon_Use). Also add to the text to use Uncommon_Use as the default property assignment if no other categories apply. For Unicode version 14.0.

[164-A47] Action Item for Mark Davis, Editorial Committee: Update UTS #39, Table 1, according to consensus 164-C19.

[164-A48] Action Item for Mark Davis, Editorial Committee: Prepare a proposed update for UTS #39, for Unicode version 14.0.

[164-A49] Action Item for Rick McGowan: Post PRI for proposed update of UTS #39, for Unicode version 14.0.

F2: uppercase of U+0587 ARMENIAN SMALL LIGATURE ECH YIWN

Discussion. UTC took no action at this time.

F3: IDNA test case error

[164-A50] Action Item for Markus Scherer: Revise the syntax of IdnaTestV2.txt, adding the ability to represent an explicitly empty input or output string; and generate a new version of the data accordingly, for Unicode version 14.0.

[164-A51] Action Item for Markus Scherer: Revise the generation of IdnaTestV2.txt, escaping certain characters like ZWJ and ZWNJ to make them visible, for Unicode version 14.0.

[164-A52] Action Item for Markus Scherer: In IdnaTestV2.txt, fix the URL .../tr46/proposed.html#Processing to point to the latest version of UTS #46, for Unicode version 14.0.

[164-A53] Action Item for Markus Scherer, Editorial Committee: Add a migration note to UTS #46 about incompatible changes to the test file format and contents, for Unicode version 14.0.

[164-A54] Action Item for Markus Scherer, Editorial Committee: Prepare an update of UTS #46, for Unicode 14.0.

[164-A55] Action Item for Rick McGowan: Post PRI for proposed update of UTS #46, for Unicode version 14.0.

F4: UTS#46 tests and URL delimiters

[164-A56] Action Item for Markus Scherer: Re document L2/20-175 item F4, Investigate revising the generation of IdnaTestV2.txt, writing expected output strings computed with UseSTD3ASCIIRules=false but retaining the error flags for when UseSTD3ASCIIRules=true is set.

F5: UAX #50 orientation of Bopomofo tone marks

[164-A57] Action Item for Deborah Anderson, Liang Hai: Discuss document L2/20-175 item F5 in the Script Ad-Hoc with feedback from appropriate experts.

F6: Vertical Text in UAX9 Mostly Irrelevant

[164-A58] Action Item for Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee: Prepare a proposed update of UAX #9 for Unicode 14.0.

[164-A59] Action Item for Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee: Re document L2/20-175 item F6, Update UAX #9 section 6.2 Vertical Text according to feedback from Elika Etemad [Sat May 30 19:34:01 CDT 2020] and incorporating a suggested revision from Koji Ishii.

[164-A60] Action Item for Rick McGowan: Post the PRI for proposed update of UAX #9 for Unicode version 14.0.

F7: UAX14 quotation marks vs ID

Discussion. The properties and algorithms group will discuss this item further.

F8: ARABIC DATE SEPARATOR class error

[164-A61] Action Item for Roozbeh Pournader, Liang Hai: Communicate with Bahman Eslami regarding feedback [Tue Jun 2 06:23:29 CDT 2020].

F9: Missing Indic shaping properties for U+0300 and U+0301

[164-A62] Action Item for Liang Hai, Editorial Committee: Re document L2/20-175 item F9, In standard section 12.1 Devanagari, clarify use of 0953/0954/0300/0301 in Latin transliteration vs. in Devanagari text, and clarify that none of these 4 combining marks should be used in Devanagari text.

F10: Missing Indic shaping properties for Devanagari and Vedic characters

[164-A63] Action Item for Roozbeh Pournader: Re document L2/20-175 item F10, Investigate what the right Indic shaping properties should be for certain Devanagari and Vedic characters.

Short break 12:05 - 12:15.

F. Editorial Committee Report

[164-A64] Action Item for Peter Constable: Add information about the review and publication schedule for Unicode 14.0 to the liaison report to SC2.

[164-A65] Action Item for Rick McGowan: Extend the close date for PRI #421 to September 15, 2020.

[164-A66] Action Item for Rick McGowan: Extend the close dates for PRI #415, PRI #416, PRI #417, PRI #419, PRI #420 to September 15, 2020.

[164-A67] Action Item for Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee: Clarify the text in Section 4.8 regarding the representation of code point labels for Unicode 14.0. Ref. David Corbett, May 5, in document L2/20-174.

[164-A68] Action Item for Rick McGowan: Forward the feedback of Yoshidumi, May 9, in L2/20-174, to the attention of the editors of UTR #25.

[164-A69] Action Item for Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee: Investigate options for improvement and consistency of text re nukta, bindu, and svara in the core specification, the Unicode Glossary, and the header of IndicSyllabicCategory.txt. Ref. Norbert Lindenberg, June 25, in document L2/20-174.

[164-A70] Action Item for Markus Scherer, Editorial Committee: Correct the example in the third row in Section 4.5 of UTS #46 to read "bloß.de", for Unicode 14.0. Ref. Dirkjan Ochtman, July 8, in document L2/20-174.

[164-A71] Action Item for Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee: Update the discussion and figures for allocation areas in Sections 2.8 and 2.9 of the core specification to reflect recent additions to the standard. For Unicode 14.0. Ref Stanislav Goldstein, July 8, in document L2/20-174.

Lunch break 13:00 - 14:00.

E.1 ESC Report for 2020Q3 UTC [Daniel/ESC, L2/20-198]

Discussion. UTC took no action at this time.

E.2 Update on Emoji Gender and Skintone Support [Daniel/ESC, L2/20-196]

Discussion. UTC took no action at this time.

E.3 Priorities for Emoji Updates 2021+ [Burge/ESC, L2/20-197]

[164-A72] Action Item for Rick McGowan: Extend the close date for PRI #408 to September 15, 2020.

[164-C20] Consensus: Authorize the publication of version 13.1 of UTS #51 and the emoji sequence data files.

[164-A73] Action Item for Mark Davis, Peter Edberg, Editorial Committee: Prepare and publish Emoji 13.1 version of UTS #51.

[164-A74] Action Item for Rick McGowan: Post 13.1 version of UTS #51.

Short break 15:05 - 15:20.

UTC adjourned for the week at 15:25.


Members Represented

Full Member 07/27/20 07/29/20

1. Adobe

yes yes

2. Apple Inc.

yes yes

3. Facebook

yes yes

4. Google, Inc.

yes yes

5. IBM Corporation

yes yes

6. Microsoft Corporation

yes yes

7. Netflix

yes  

8. Oracle America, Inc.

9. SAP AG

10. Sultanate of Oman, MARA

Institutional Member

1. Bangladesh, MSICT

2. India, MICT

3. Tamil Nadu, TVA

4. UCB

yes yes

Supporting Member

1. Emojipedia

  yes

2. Monotype Imaging Corp

Associate Member

1. Emojination

yes yes

2. SIL

yes  


UTC Attendance

PersonRepresenting
Deborah AndersonU.C. Berkeley
Jeremy BurgeEmojipedia
Chris ChapmanAdobe
Lee CollinsNetflix
Peter Constableself
Craig CummingsAmazon
Jennifer DanielGoogle
Mark DavisGoogle
Peter EdbergApple
Lorna EvansSIL
Scott Ferreiraself
Loïz FilyOffice of Breton Language
Rich GillamApple
Manish GoregaokarMozilla
Joshua HadleyAdobe
Liang HaiUnicode
Amanda HickmanEmojination
Ned HolbrookApple
John JenkinsApple
Suresh Kolichalaself
Jan Kučeraself
Jennifer 8. LeeEmojination
Kristi LeeMicrosoft
Ken LundeUnicode
Rick McGowanUnicode
Lisa MooreUnicode
Roozbeh PournaderFacebook
Murray SargentMicrosoft
Markus SchererGoogle
Jiali ShengMicrosoft
Mark Shoulsonself
Samantha SunneEmojination
Michel SuignardUnicode
Tex Texinself
Ken WhistlerUnicode
Ben YangPanlex

 


Members not in regular attendance: Tamil Nadu, Oracle, SAP, Sultanate of Oman

Quorum: 5