Executive Director Opening
Everyone in the world should be able to use their own language on phones and
computers. Learn More about Unicode (video).
The Unicode Consortium is growing and evolving. We are
looking to hire our first Executive Director. This is an exciting and rare
opportunity for real impact in the important work of enabling computers and
phones to support virtually every language in use in the world today. We
look forward to hearing from you.
Please carefully review the Job Description found here: https://www.unicode.org/consortium/ED_Job_Description.pdf
If you wish to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching the following documents in PDF format:
- Your resume or CV; and
- A "cover letter" or short statement of the reasons you are interested in the position, as well as a description of any nonprofit, internationalization, or standards experience you may have that you believe may be particularly relevant to your qualifications.
Please ensure that your resume/CV or cover letter includes the following:
- Your full name, current home address, and preferred email address
and phone number;
- Your available start date;
- Your expected/desired compensation; and
- Your expected/desired hours.
What happens next?
If we are interested in pursuing your application, we will contact
you directly. If you need to update or supplement your application, please
do so by sending a further email to
email@example.com. However, please do not send general status
inquiries, as we will not be able to respond to them. And please, no phone
calls. We ask for your understanding and patience in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Unicode!
The Unicode Consortium is an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, creed,
religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, age, or Veteran status.