Re: dotless j

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 18:19:27 EDT

Here is what I would consider a "pretty good" case for encoding dotless j.
Prove the existence of at least one paper document (e.g., a book) published
prior to 1990 with copious examples of prose in some human language not
mathematics in a variant of the Latin script so contrived that dotted j and
dotless j occur with reasonable frequency in the same alphabet in contrastive
use. Barring that kind of usage, I think there is no reason for encoding a
dotless j, and the subject should just be dropped.

To write Esperanto you can use U+0135 and U+0134; so examples in Esperanto
don't count.

        Rick