Re: dotless j

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 08:56:11 EDT

Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:
> So, if there was anything in what I've written in my messages that was offensive
> to you, then I do sincerely apologise for the offense and assure you that none
> was intended, either to any individual subscriber to this list, or to speakers
> of any language.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

As do I regret if my tone offended. Anyway, I have already been
reprimanded by the list owner (as you can see by the attached).

Sarasvati wrote:

> Ah, Dear Marion. Perhaps you should bite your tongue and struggle on.
> This looks less like a comment upon the state of the world than an
> attack on poor Peter C. Say your five "Hail Marys" and raise a pint.
>
> -- Sarasvati

No. On the same day the Unicode list distributed Peter's 2 msgs (giving
"advice" not at first hand), unsolicited American Evangelism advertising
was shoved through my father's halldoor. When will they (SIL and the
like) learn enough to just stop spamming the natives? mg