Suggestions for modification - Malayalam

From: Cibu_Johny@3com.com
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 17:07:55 EDT

I have few suggestions and questions regarding Malayalam unicode.
This is in suppliment to Jeroen's suggestions.
I dont know whether I am too late to put these. Anyway...

1. Location of VOCALIC RR and VOCALIC LL should be after VOCALIC
   R and VOCALIC L respectively. (That is, like other vowels.)

2. Simillarly, the positions of LA, VA, SHA, SSA, SA, HA, LLA, LLLA and RRA
   are different from the order followed in Malayalam dictionaries.
   Above mentioned order is the one followed traditionally.

3. What is the difference between symbol for AU and AU length mark ?

4. How to write symbols of the vowels or consonants alone?
   That is, without writing it close to another consonant.

regards,
cibu

"Jeroen Hellingman" <jehe@kabelfoon.nl> on 08/28/99 06:21:55 AM

Sent by: "Jeroen Hellingman" <jehe@kabelfoon.nl>