Re: CNS mapping tables

From: Kevin Bracey (kevin.bracey@pacemicro.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 14:13:49 EDT

In message <199909211609.JAA02901@unicode.org>
          "John Jenkins" <jenkins@apple.com> wrote:

> > I'm looking for an up-to-date UCS <-> CNS 11643 mapping table that covers
> > all unifications. The Unihan database file only provides a single source
> > character for each CJK ideograph, so it doesn't tell you, for example,
> > that 3-2144 has been unified with 1-4437 as U+4E08.
> >
> > I do have Koichi Yasuoka's Uni2CNS file (v1.1), which does tell you some such
> > unifications, but that doesn't cover extension A.
> >
> > Presumably the IRG must have this data; is it publically available anywhere?
> >

> Actually, I don't believe even the IRG has it, at least I've never seen it.
> TCA would be the only source I could think of.

As CNS 11643 is a primary source, all its ideographs must have been worked
through during the creation of SuperCJK, no? So I imagine the people
responsible (was it TCA?) must have a list of what each CNS character was
mapped to or unified with.

Maybe I'm wrong to assume they've been unified - are the missing characters
going to turn up in Extension B? I was just under the impression that
Extension A covered all of plane 3.

Here's a list of the CNS 11643 plane 3 characters that are not in the
current Unihan database - some I have unifications for from Koichi Yasuoka's
file, the rest I currently don't have any UCS mapping for at all...

CNS UCS Unified with
------ ---- ------
3-2144 4E08 1-4437
3-214F
3-216F
3-217C
3-2225
3-227B 518D 1-4742
3-2329
3-233C
3-2359
3-2424
3-2429 7070 1-4848
3-2441 51B5 3-2459
3-2452 514D 1-492D
3-257E
3-2627
3-272A
3-274E
3-2753 5154 1-4C22
3-2754
3-275C 5211 1-4745
3-2A39
3-2A45 7A81 1-5273
3-2C40 5C8D 2-2360
3-2C51
3-2D35 67FA 2-2B40
3-2D52 6C67 2-244C
3-2E56
3-2E5A
3-3023 54F6 3-3022
3-3053
3-315C
3-3350
3-3460
3-3470 578B 1-504E
3-347E
3-355F
3-3565
3-3628 62FC 1-513B
3-3640 65E3 3-3641
3-3675 6D34 2-2B50
3-3977
3-3A26
3-3A4F
3-3C3A 681F 2-2F5B
3-3D3F 7524 3-3D3E
3-3F6D
3-4043 5277 1-6337
3-407E
3-416E 6942 2-4359
3-4333
3-4425
3-446D 8DBC 2-3959
3-4670
3-4731
3-474B
3-4826
3-486A 7D63 2-3E71
3-5039
3-5460
3-553A
3-5545 7235 1-743A
3-5678
3-5736
3-584F
3-5863 8074 3-5622
3-5A33 5B3E 2-6547
3-5A36 5BF3 3-5A35
3-5B26 8669 2-6326
3-5B2D 8801 2-6339
3-5C2F
3-607C
3-6168

("Extra" characters ignored)

--
Kevin Bracey, Senior Software Engineer
Pace Micro Technology plc                     Tel: +44 (0) 1223 518566