RE: REPLY: Foriegn lang. credit for braille / FW: Braille (was Mo rse)

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 11:52:19 EDT

Actually they did, as reported by another subscriber of the Braille List
just a few minutes ago.

I actually think that being able to read braille is a valuable skill, and it
is OK if society recognises this.

But, yes, I don't understand why this recognition should be motivated using
non-sense...

Anyway, better leaving language and society alone!! The only other two
mailing list I joined to are about linguistics and civil rights... I can't
even think what could happen if I forward this to them too! It must be
terrifying having all my four interests converging on the same topic, and on
the same poor PC, at the same time, while I am trying to deserve my salary
on that same PC...

Regards.
        Marco Cimarosti