Unicode Trolling

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 21:36:30 EDT

When I joined the Unicode list, quite recently, I was prepared to encounter
a certain amount of heated 'political' discussion. The relationship of
language to culture, to ideas of identity and nationality, is very close,
so strong feelings are likely to to raised from time to time. I even expect
a certain amount of such discussion to be considered legitimate subject
matter for such a list, insofar as it keeps us aware of the toes on which
we might be stepping.

On the other hand, I can only read Scott Horne's recent posts as 'troll'
messages, whose only purpose seems to be to insult other list members and
to draw discussion off-topic. Sarasvati, are there not list guidelines
relating to such posts, or are we all assumed to be mature enough to
monitor ourselves?

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks
Vancouver, BC