Re: Enochian

From: John Cowan (cowan@locke.ccil.org)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 15:29:36 EDT

Stephen Holmes scripsit:

> Please excuse the naivety of my question, but with regard to these fantasy
> scripts/languages, how is the decision made to include them in the Unicode
> repertoire. By what criteria is a script eligible?

No such script has as yet been incorporated, so the question is not
subject to a canonical answer. However, people do in fact encode
texts using the scripts, as searching the Web will demonstrate.
Functionally, such scripts are much like Category D (extinct,
with a small number of users).

       I am a member of a civilization. --David Brin