Re: Enochian

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 18:48:05 EDT

At 02:24 PM 21-10-99 -0700, Ashley Yakeley wrote:

>I've poked around on the website I gave and found a fair amount of
>(transliterated) Enochian. Whatever its source, none of it is English, so
>I'm not sure what you mean here.

>It does perhaps have 'loan words' from English that curiously reflect
>Dee's world-view: for instance, 'LONDOH' means 'kingdoms', 'MADRID' means
>'iniquity'.

>No angel has ever spoken to me in Enochian, nevertheless, I imagine that
>if one were to learn the Enochian language, any angels that did speak to
>one would use it...

I question the status of any angel who would be engaging in conversation
with the likes of Dee and Kelly. Can they be relied upon for expert
contribution to any UCS proposal? Besides which, such beings understand
Latin perfectly well, as is attested by the editio typica of the new rite
of exorcism.

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks
Vancouver, BC