RE: Enochian

From: John Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 21:27:10 EDT

On Thursday, October 21, 1999 3:51:50 AM, Stephen Holmes wrote:

> Please excuse the naivety of my question, but with regard to these fantasy
> scripts/languages, how is the decision made to include them in the Unicode
> repertoire. By what criteria is a script eligible?

Fundamentally, the existence of a user community that wishes to exchange
data using that script. (Klingon, BTW, appears to fail this test.) In the
case of modern "invented" scripts (Shavian, Deseret) there's also historical
interest and existence of material in the script. Deseret was also proposed
to be the sacrificial lamb and start the population of Plane 1.

=====
John H. Jenkins
jenkins@apple.com
tseng@blueneptune.com