Re: Enochian

From: Ashley Yakeley (ashley@semantic.org)
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 20:12:21 EDT

At 1999-10-22 16:28, Kenneth Whistler wrote:

>7. OYP TEAA PEDOKE (OH-EE-PAY TAY-AH-AH PAY-DOH-KAY) VY PRYAZ OMOAS
>DE HUBAR, E VYN ONK DS KHYS DE YALPOOR KIKLE."
>
>Pardon me if that doesn't look like uppercase Latin.

It's transliterated.

>And when you go
>look at the tables for the Enochian *letters* for this stuff, they
>are just mapped directly onto "English" letters, except that there
>is only one symbol for English C/K, only one symbol for English I/J/Y
>and one symbol for English U/V/W.

That's a transliteration table.

>Sounds like a cipher to me. --

Fascinating. Does Arabic sound like a cipher to you? From
<http://www.muslimnet.net/ALSSAFFI(61).htm> (and every other chapter):

# Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi

Pardon me if that doesn't look like Latin...

>Oh, and by the way, if you Unicoders think your managers will give you
>h-e-double-hockeysticks for wasting your time going to meetings to
>discuss Klingon -- wait till they find out what you are dabbling in
>for Enochian!

That's why there's the ConScript registry. Maybe one day I'll do the
necessary research to put together a ConScript proposal for Enochian: in
the mean time, I'd simply like to establish the credibility of such an
idea.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA