RE: Enochian

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark@csupomona.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 23 1999 - 00:18:10 EDT

At 12:46 PM 10/22/99 -0700, Kenneth Whistler wrote:
>Curtis suggested:
>> [...] plaintext.
>
>Why? That is an appropriate use of fonted text.

Of course. One could have also switched fonts on Croatian, and gotten
Serbian, if I understand the reasons for the legacy encodings. I can switch
fonts from Arial to my Elder Futhark font and get runes. There are good
reasons to encode these separately, though, because they are different
alphabets. What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter how much a user
community wants the ability to exchange information, if an alphabet is a
cipher of Latin, it seems to me the *only* justification would be an
established need to depict both Latin letters and
(Enochian/Theban/whatever) together in *plain text*. If that doesn't cut it
as a justification, well, that's kind of what I meant.

Curtis Clark http://www.csupomona.edu/~jcclark/
Biological Sciences Department Voice: (909) 869-4062
California State Polytechnic University FAX: (909) 869-4078
Pomona CA 91768-4032 USA jcclark@csupomona.edu