Re: "ch" as in yecch

From: Mark E. Davis (markdavis@ispchannel.com)
Date: Sun Oct 24 1999 - 17:59:19 EDT

The standard characterizes it in 5.13, Locating Text Element Boundaries. That section is not normative, but if
people follow it, they will interoperate. If your repertoire is limited to European characters, this means a base
plus any number of combining marks--what people expect.

Note: Unicode 3.0 clarifies this section further, and it is also discussed in TR18. (An updated version of TR18
will be discussed at the UTC next week; it is included in the documents collected by Arnold.)

Mark