Re: "ch" as in yecch

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 11:19:23 EDT

John,
As we do in other areas of internationalization, there can be an
algorithm that anticipates the variety and make customization for
locales very easy. As there is no concept of GetNextGrapheme
that incorporates "ch", and no set of properties defined for
such an object, I feel that is lacking in the standard.

There are allowances throughout the standard certainly, but the tactics
I think could be more clearly defined.

tex

--
Progress Software: The #1 Embedded Database
Tex Texin                      Director, International Products

Progress Software Corp.        Voice:         +1-781-280-4271
14 Oak Park                      Fax:         +1-781-280-4949
Bedford, MA 01730  USA             texin@bedford.progress.com