Re: wingdings to unicode conversion table ?

From: Caolan McNamara (Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 08:57:57 EDT

On 29-Oct-99 Robert Brady wrote:
>On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Caolan McNamara wrote:
>
>> I imagine that these sort of symbols are at the absolute lowest
>> priority for unicode, but nonetheless is seems strange that at
>> least there isn't
>> CIRCLED DIGIT ZERO
>
>There is. It is at U+24EA.

Damn stupid me, there it is alright.

>> DINGBAT NEGATIVE CIRCLED DIGIT ZERO
>
>Negative zero? What's that then? (Other than an anomaly caused by sign and
>magnitude representation of number?)

Nah, theres already DINGBAT NEGATIVE CIRCLED DIGIT ONE to TEN which are
just black solid circles and white numerals, but theres no ZERO to be seen
http://charts.unicode.org/Unicode.charts/normal/U2700.html

If there is no existing wingdings table Ill finish off my messy one and
stick it up for perusal for the symbols that I cant find or have well
wrong.

C.

Real Life: Caolan McNamara * Doing: MSc in HCI
Work: Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie * Phone: +353-86-8790257
Emphasise differences